Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-01-31
Age : 37
|Subject: Installation Guide: Macintosh OS -DSL Connection Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:46 pm|| |
Macintosh OS 10.2 - DSL Connection
- Assigned IP Address.
- Assigned Subnet Mask Address (255.255.255.0).
- Assigned Gateway Address (Changed the last octet of the IP address to "1").
- Assigned DNS numbers (126.96.36.199).
To start the OS 10.2 Setup Assistant:
- Open the Hard Drive.
- Open the System folder.
- Open the Library folder.
- Open the Core Services folder.
- Double click the Setup Assistant icon.
When the Setup Assistant Opens, select "I'll use my existing internet service" and click continue.
Select DSL Modem and click Continue
- Select Manually frm the TCP/IP Connection Type menu.
- Enter the assigned IP Address and Subnet Mask into the appropriate fields.
- Enter the Gateway Address into the router address field.
- Enter the DNS servers into the DNS hosts box.
- Leave the blank for the Domain.
- Leave the Proxy Server box empty.
- The option Connect using PPPoE should NOT be checked.
- Click Continue.
When Prompted for .Mac information, select the option that you wish and click Continue.
Your DSL connection should now be setup. Click Go to finish.
Macintosh OS X - DSL Connection
- Assigned IP address
- Assigned Subnet Mask address (255.255.255.0)
- Assigned Gateway address
- Assigned DNS numbers (188.8.131.52)
If you are using Macintosh 10.2 you may be able to use the Setup Assistant to setup your DSL connection.
Click the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
In the System Preferences window, click Network. Set the Location to Automatic, and configure to Built-in Ethernet.
- Click onto the TCP/IP tab.
- Choose to Configure Manually.
- Enter the assigned IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Router (or Gateway) address into the appropriate boxes.
- Enter the DNS Numbers into Domain Name Servers box.
- Leave blank into the Search Domains.
· Click the PPPoE tab. Make sure that Connect using PPPoE is not checked.
· Click the AppleTalk tab. Place a checkmark in Make AppleTalk Active, and set the Configure option to Automatically.
· Click the Proxies tab. Stargate does not use proxy servers. These options should NOT be checked.
· Click Save. You may need to restart your computer for the new connection to become active